Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How To Be A Keeper

No, I'm not talking about a player from the Quidditch cup.


But Oliver Wood is dashing noh?

I'm talking about what it takes to be a keeper.

Okay, as per urbandictionary.com, because I trust this dictionary for legit reasons, a keeper is defined as someone who you'd likely spend the rest of your life with if you found her.

Why do I believe that I'm a keeper? Five years ago, when I decided (yes, love is a decision, get over it!) that I want to be with my fiance for the rest of my life, I secretly hoped that he'd like to be with me too. Guess what? He did.

Of course it wasn't an easy road for us. Nothing worth having comes easy. We broke up a dozen of times before, but in my heart, I've always known that I am a keeper. Chos! Siguro in denial ako, ilusyonada, or what, pero whatevs, I was right naman noh! Did not force it naman down his throat to marry me. He asked me kaya. Read our proposal story here.

Below is a list I think would help my single friends out there. Also dun na rin sa mga committed friends. LOL. Doctor Love ang peg ko?

1. Act like a prize and be a prize! :)

ANU RAW? Maging pa-premyo ka! I read a book WHY MEN LOVE BITCHES before. And there is this sentence I try to live by:  Act like a prize and you'll turn him into a believer. Sister, know your self worth! Imposibleng walang maganda sayo. Be confident. You are God's masterpiece. I may have huge elephant-like legs and a small nose, but I have a small waist and good skin. I also happen to have an above average IQ.

I am also crazy. LOL.

Why am I telling you to act like a prize? So that he will treat you like a prize! Try to be the best version of yourself EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Why? E wag ka na umarte arte pa! Ang sarap kaya matitigan ng taong mahal mo. LOL. Wag mo sabihin yung drama na "he should accept me as I am". Gusto mo ba acceptance lang ang ganap? No! You want to be wanted passionately! O diba! Sight nyo tong pic namin na to. Kitang kita na love nya ko: 

Gandang-ganda lang siya sakin diba!

Gusto mo sa dreamboy mo diba? Try mo rin achievin maging dreamgirl, keri? I'm not saying na dreamgirl na ko! I'm just saying na try to be. Try to be perfect. And know your worth. Know your market value. Para tangkilikin ka niya. Mas maappreciate ng boylets if you are beautiful. If hindi kagandahan, daanin sa confidence. Werq it girl! Sabi nga ni Sophia Loren, "Sex appeal is 50% what you've got, and 50% people think you've got."
Minsan, di rin ako nagagandahan sa sarili ko. But if I don't believe in myself, who would?

2. Don't make him the center of your world.

Who's guilty? I WAS! Above, I mentioned that we broke a dozen times (maybe more). And the reason I could pinpoint easily is that I made him the center of my world. Which is wrong. Your life doesn't revolve around one person only. What magkarugtong ba pusod nyo? Have at least one non-work related hobby. Be passionate about something like drawing, dancing, writing, could be anything. Just as long as you don't WORSHIP him. Understandable if gwapo siya. HAHA JK. No way. Making him the center of your world would mean making him the only source of your happiness. Wrong again. Take responsibility of your own happiness. The universe is vast and offers a great number of opportunities and stuff for you to explore. Hindi ka oorbit sa isang tao lang. 

Kaloka ka. Go back to number 1! Diba you're a prize, act like it! 

3. Respect him.

Yes, you may be a prize, pero treat him as a prize too. Yep, 1 and 2 are connected by this item. RESPECT. Ephesians 5:33 (yes I'm quoting from the HOLY BIBLE) - "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

I'm trying to read a book entitled "Love and Respect" - I'm on page 20 out of 317 pages. So I can't really expound on the biblical side, but I can share from experience.

I've always respected my boyfriend. Madalas pa nga proud ako sakanya. As in super bilib ko madalas sa kanya. Like what he does, what he believes in, what he is. I love and respect him. I admire him so much feeling ko super laki na ng ulo nya. Hello, Gary! Haha! My admiration and respect for him don't go to waste naman, mas nafifeel namin na love namin isa't isa. IDK. 

O diba very kagalang galang!

Siguro, when I started acting like a prize, without losing my respect for my boyfriend, naging super okay na relationship namin. In that way kasi, we both put high regard on each other, and in turn, mas minamahal namin isa't isa. :)

I suck at explaining this one! Basta I know never kami nagkaproblem with this respect issue. Because I'm his number one fan. Yey!

****

That's it pansit!

Let me know if you have other suggestions. Mwuah!



4 comments:

  1. Trulalu lahat, at ang pinaka-importante sa lahat, kahit na it sounds super cliché na, treat him like he's your best friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy! Numbers 1 and 2 are good points! Nahulog din ako sa trap na yan. At recently ko rin lang narealize. :) benefits of a breakup. :P -ces d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivy! Numbers 1 and 2 are good points! Nahulog din ako sa trap na yan. At recently ko rin lang narealize. :) benefits of a breakup. :P -ces d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoy ces! anung drama ng benefits of a breakup? Haha! Act like a prize! You're a princess. Chos!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?