Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Proposal!

DIZ IZ IT!


Read below for the full story. Hihihi! This is my journal entry dated February 12:

Between 11 pm and 12 midnight, I got engaged to the most wonderful guy I've met in the world.

Sure, the proposal wasn't as dreamy and romantic as he planned it out to be, because I was such a little grinch that night, and ruined his surprise, but it's more than what I've hoped for. Haha!

He originally planned to pop the question while we were on the ferris wheel, but being a scaredy cat (even the slightest movements could rock the ride we're on), he decided to postpone it.

(Super bawal gumalaw, so we're sitting on opposite sides para balanced, onting hangin lang katakot na)


(Ayan ang hangin. Harapan ang drama namin noh!)


He then set up his tripod and camera in front of us when we were sitting on a stairway, and asked me, "Matutuwa ka ba pag dito ko nagpropose?"


(Malapit yun sa Rialto e. Wala ko kuha ng set-up chu chu kasi videocam nya ginamit)

(Pero effort ang pag-setup nya huh! Ganito)

What would I say noh? "Syempre hinde!" The question was not what I expected. So I, too, was shocked with what came out of my mouth. I expected him to propose. Instead, what I got was a spoiler. Haha! Sorry, Gary! Totoo namang spoiler ang tanong mo.


Too bad, there were fireworks all around us. The mood was perfect. We ruined it. But, it was my fault, really.

He planned it perfectly. Di lang ako sumunod sa script. I hated the script. He should have gone direct to the point.

When we were on our way home, he kept silent, sullen, and sad.

I asked him why. And he said, "Kunyari ka pa, we both know why. Isipin mo nga yung ginawa mo."

I felt guilty. He said he felt he can never surprise me. He said he knew me too well, called me a grinch twice, and said, "I'll just give it to you next time."

On our way to dinner, he tried to give it to me (as in abot lang!) without saying anything. But there's a blooper! Bwahahahaha! So he attached the ring to a dog tag lace (I don't know what it's called, basta yung parang tali ng mga dog tag, y'know), and then he used an adhesive tape to secure the ring.  *Side story: he doesn't normally wear dog tags, so when I saw him, I suspected that the ring is there! Hahahaha! I even joked him, "Uy nakapang ligaw ka pa!" because his shirt was tucked in.*  He was then trying to remove the tape, wrapped tightly on the opening of the dog tag, and he couldn't get the tape off. I pulled out my scissors, but he still couldn't remove the tape, so he opened the compartment to get a big pair of scissors. Hahaha!

"Kung kanina mo pala binigay sakin, napahiya ka rin!"

He said, "Next time ko na talaga sayo to bibigay!"

I urged him to give it to me, threatened to cry, and said, "Okay, let's eat first, then you can give it to me"

During dinner, he asked me if I was ready for the whole thing, we talked about our plans. He said if we can make it this year, then we'll do it this year. But we can always go for next year if we decide to.

When we were on our way home, he's driving, he was reaching out for my hand and handing me the ring.

"Ayusin mo naman! Magpropose ka ng maayos," I jokingly said.

He then stopped the car and looked me in the eye, "I really wanted to propose to you earlier, but you, you're just so stubborn, and grinchy, and you ruined my plans. Ikaw na ikaw"

"I know I'm so sorry. Wag mo na ko sisihin. Can you just propose?"

"I wanted us to ride the Space Shuttle, but you didn't want to. You're really stubborn. My plan was to propose and say, 'Marriage life is like a roller coaster ride, full of ups, downs, and uncertainties. But one thing's for certain, I'll always hold your hand. I'll never let you go'"



"Sorry na nga. You know I can't even survive the Log Jam."

"Will you marry me?"

I laughed. I'm so stupid for laughing when he was dead serious.

Looking at me intensely, he said. "Will you be Danielle Ivy Boto Farinas?"

I did not answer and took the ring instead.

He wore it on me and SHOOT! Sakto! "I told you, you're size 6!"


(PS. I never really answered his question. I don't know why. When I got home, I texted him that I'm sorry I was just speechless and I couldn't answer, and then I said, "You know I'll always say yes, matagal ko ng pangarap 'to! I love you, and I'll marry you!")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?