Sunday, September 9, 2012

Prenup Behind the Scenes

Hi everyone!

It's been so long since I've posted here about our wedding preps. Today we had our prenup/engagement shoot. We didn't have a theme in mind, and we didn't think it's practical to hire a stylist; we just used whatever clothes we have, and had our shoot in a studio here in QC.

So I'll just give you a rundown of everything.

DIY Props
Peso Power: Php60

Kuwento: Since we didn't have a central theme, we bought illustration boards from National Book Store. They already have colored boards, so we bought three. Green, red, and black. We also bought chalk so we could write our save-the-date on the boards that we bought.

I cut the red illustration board into a heart. I cut the black one so we could use it for the save-the-date. We didn't get to use the green one.

We also bought masking tape because the studio requires us to put masking tape on our soles.

Outfit
Peso Power: Php 1345 (White long sleeves=Php 1015, 2 white shirts=Php 160, blazer=85, coat=85)

Kuwento: We had four costume changes. We had to use formal clothes, coat, tie, long sleeves, dress, pants, etc. I took a mental note of what Gary and I already have in our separate closets. Gary doesn't have a coat/suit. Whatevs. I thought it'd be so expensive if we rent/buy one only for the prenup. So, using my ukay ukay skillz I acquired a long time ago, I searched for a coat! I found one and it's only 85 pesos. Mind you, it's still in mint condition. It fits Gary perfectly. I also found a blazer so I could match his coat, too bad, I forgot to wear it during our prenup. He bought long sleeves which we both think is a good investment since he doesn't have much formal clothes (He wears his uniform to work that's why). The two white shirts we bought from Surplus Shop is 79 each. Haha

Studio: Camera Cart Studio
Peso Power: Php 800 (2 hours at 400/hour)

Kuwento: Why did we prefer to have it done inside a studio? One we're both too timid to pose outdoors, and two, the weather's been erratic lately, that planning for an engagement shoot outdoors would be such a risk. We found this studio through our photographer. We loved it because it's airconditioned, has free wifi, has a dressing room, and restroom, has a speaker, and it's only within QC. The owner/bantay was also kind to us. We exceeded our allotted time by more than 30 minutes, yet he only charged us for 2 hours. Yey!

Photographer: Ernest Santos
Peso Power: Php 2000 (Prenup rate)

Kuwento: I got Ernest because when we were looking for a photographer, we wanted to hire someone who has unrecognized talent (ie. not yet sikat, but has great potential). I was happy when I saw his rates, and I immediately showed my h2b Ernest's portfolio. He took interest and we booked him for the wedding. Hihi! Dali kausap e! We will wait for the edited shots before I post my review. Ernest is my batchmate in UP din, so I knew walang hiya-hiya. He was accompanied by his girlfriend, Astrud, who's really really supportive, and I must say, maalaga.

Make-up Artist: Ana Victorino Mendoza
Peso Power: Php 1000 (Trial make-up rate)

Kuwento: I really love Ana! Haha! Bridal make-up is expensive for a reason. Beauty products are not cheap.  But when I inquired with Ana, I knew I had to book her. Not only are her rates reasonable, but she also knows her craft. She's too young and pretty! :) Instant fan kami ng sister ko.

PA: My sister
Peso Power: Free!

Kuwento: I must say that it is IMPORTANT to bring someone you trust who will help you. She folded our clothes, she curled my hair, put everything in place, even took BTS shots. Bring someone you trust. I also asked her if she loved my make-up, and of course she did. She also distributed the food to everyone :)

Fiance: Gary
Peso Power: Free!

Kuwento: Okaaaay, we're not a photogenic couple. But Gary was very cooperative. Ako na yung umaayaw and nahihiya, but still, he was so game about everything. He even kissed the floor (to be shared later). Hihi! Nakakakilig when he looks at me. Staring at someone, even if you've been with that someone for years, can be awkward rin pala. Pero keri lang rin. :) He was so tired after. He was the driver, financier, model, etc. HAHA!

[Edit: This was written yesterday. Pictures to follow on my next post.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?