Wednesday, March 13, 2013

25 days to go

I confess, I'm a procrastinator. It started in high school when I noticed I can do so much in so little time. It developed into a habit that eventually became useful in college. I'm a great crammer. In fact, on my fifth year, I crammed 24 units (normal number of units is 18) in one semester! By faith, I was able to pass and graduate on time! But, what may work for me, may not work for others. I knew some people who need several weeks to study before an exam (I only need 18 hours), three days to finish a paper (I can finish mine in a day), and an hour to finish an exam (my record was 10 minutes).

But, weddings are different! They entail a lot of careful planning, legwork, documents. We've been engaged for 11 months now, and I must say that Gary and I were slackers. We haven't distributed our invitations yet, haven't finalized our guest list, haven't found a supplier for entourage boutonnieres, haven't finished our ceremony and reception programs. This list is not even complete yet! See, I haven't even made a list! I woke up this morning feeling anxious and worried. I ask myself, "Y U NO PREPARE EARLIER?"


I refuse to look at my calendar these past few days because I don't want to be reminded that the big event is near! *Cue dun-dun-dun-dun* Then, when I looked at my phone, OH GOD, WHY?! It's March 13, and we've missed our 30-day countdown. Gaaah. 

I sent my fiance a text message, "Hala, onting araw na lang."

All he said was "Kaya yan."

That's when I calmed down. Okay. If he thinks we can do it, then we can do it. He has been supportive of me (my mom keeps on saying that Gary is a different groom who's very hands-on) since Day 1, and he knows we can do it. I'm so lucky to marry this person. Drama lang! He makes me stay calm and logical, he helps me work with grace under pressure. He tolerates my procrastinating tendencies, yet stays firm with our task timeline. 

25 days to go!

Kaya yan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?