Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Makeup?

It's not a secret that I love make-up. Although there are days that I'm too lazy to be beautiful, a week wouldn't go by without me applying full make-up.

Last Saturday, I attended my fiance's sister's wedding. Complicated. Okay, my future sister-in-law. I was a bridesmaid and I did my own make-up.

Before, I thought of doing my own make-up, but I changed my mind. But after seeing my face after I was finished with applying a dozen products on it, I thought,

Not Bad!

Here are some pictures:


What I used--

Face:
James Cooper foundation in 003 (concealer)
MAC Studiofix Liquid Foundation in NC40 (foundation)
Fanny Serrano 2-way Cake (setting powder)
Dollface Cosmetics Contour & Highlight palette (contour and highlight)
Nichido Multiple Stick in South Beach (cream blush)
Nars Super Orgasm (blush)

Eyebrows:
In2It Brow Powder 
Etude House Automatic Brow Liner
MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy

Eyes:
ELF Eye Primer
Urban Decay Naked Palette 1
Nichido Liquid Eyeliner
HBC False Eyelashes
Lash glue
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Nichido Spot Concealer (used as eyeliner!)

Lips:
Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Nichido Lip Liner in Rosette
Careline Lip Gloss in 207

It took me around 30 minutes to do my make-up!

Pabago bago ng hair much?

Me and my sister (she did her own make-up rin)

with instagram filter na! Haha!


So what are the pros and cons?

Pros:
-I will save as much as 15k!!!
-Memorize ko mukha ko and I know what features to highlight and features to improve, like my nose. Haha! 
-I will use my own make-up! So sureness sa color na hindi magmukhang floating head ako. LOL! 
-Doing my own make-up for the day would be memorable and meaningful. Gary knows how much I love make-up and to do it on our big day would be significant kase papagandahin ko yung sarili ko for him (well, maganda naman na ko! Hahaha!)

Cons:
-Panic mode! What if sa sobrang emotional ko, di ko magawa my own make-up, who would rescue me?

Those are some pros and cons. I also have some few things noted:
-Hire a hair stylist to do my hair. 
-Teach my sister how to do Gary's make-up so on the day she'll be the one to do it.
-Buy more make-up!!!
-Have eyelash extensions (as per Joed's advice! Magiging hassle free na!)
-More practice!

What do you think?

Hihi! I'm excited and thrilled! Pero mga 70% sure pa lang ako... :/










2 comments:

  1. Hi there! You already look like a bride in the photo.:) I'd say it's not a bad idea, just be sure you won't be panicking during the day. hehe. Also, you need to know how much makeup you should put on so you won't look pale in your wedding videos. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for your inputs! I must consider more blush and lipstick I guess?

    ReplyDelete

Comments?