Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Three reasons why we got Purpledish

I've mentioned in my previous post that we availed of Purpledish's third year anniversary promo. Here are three reasons why:

1. Delicious food!

We went to Cucina ni Chef (in Malate) last Friday for our private food tasting with Chef Velmor. Below are some of the pictures we took. Sorry for the ugly quality!


The bread was toasted yet it was soft. Chef mentioned that even though we don't include bread in our menu, this will be a freebie para di magutom mga guests. Sarap ng tinapay. The pumpkin bisque soup is superb! We've tasted Madel's and Patio de Tata Roque's versions and I can say that this soup tops them all! The vegetable salad (Asian salad in balsamic vinaigrette) was served in a cocktail glass. I liked how crisp the veggies are. I love the cheese, hard-boiled egg slices, and the vinaigrette. 


We were too excited to take a picture of the pizza. But in the picture, you can see (I hope) the pizza served. It was called Formaggio pizza (wait, tama ba?), with different types of cheese. Super sarap. I like how cheesy the pizza is. Pizza can be served as amuse-bouche (a sort of appetizer which literally means "to amuse the mouth") 


Eggplant parmigiana (melts in your mouth! Cheesy! We both loved this dish. It's so flavorful.)
Seafood pasta (Sinimot ni Gary 'to, I didn't get to enjoy this one kase inubusan nya ko. The pasta used for this one is unlike regular pastas. Different texture, perhaps.)
Roast beef (I didn't like this as much as I loved the eggplant. My mom said na matabang raw talaga roast beef. Haha!)


Stuffed pork (very delicious and stuffing. It's like a rolled pork with a lot of flavors inside. Argh, I am not a foodie so I don't know how to describe!)
Bread with tomatoes (Okay, I forgot what's the name of this one, but this tastes like a taco. Gary loved this one so much because he is such a sucker for tomatoes)
Aglio Olio (I liked the seafood pasta better. Super busog na kasi at this point kaya we didn't finish this one)

We were served 2 cheesecakes. This one has two cream cheese layers, a graham layer on the bottom, and a strawberry-flavored topping. Haha! Sorry di ko talaga alam. Anyway, this one is super delicious. I got straight to the cheesecake! Yummy! The other one was called Mango Royale something. It's a fusion of mango, cinnamon, and cheese. Forgot to take a picture.

2. Good deal!

As indicated in my previous post, we availed of the 30% discount. This is a very good deal considering that there are a lot of freebies included, like:

a. Tiffany chairs (When we were looking for prospective caterers, I told Gary that this is a non-negotiable for me. I hate monoblock chairs.)
b. Styling c/o Gids Hermoso (This is a plus! We would just get basic styling lang.)
c. Dessert buffet!!! (Wow, we get to choose 8 cakes! Yum yum yum!)
d. 3-hour photobooth
e. 30 pieces souvenir cupcake (Could serve as a gift for our primary sponsors)
f. Beverages (Daddy is a coffee lover, PD would serve water, juice, coffee, and tea)

3. "This is it" feeling.

As a couple, it is important that you agree on major decisions. And when we tasted the food and met Chef Velmor, first time namin mag-agree on something (we argue on the littlest things). We both felt the "this is it" feeling. We decided right then and there and signed the reservation form. Hihi! (Note: We paid 30% last Sunday to block off April 7.)

At Cucina ni Chef.



1 comment:

  1. Playtech, 888 Holdings' biggest shareholder to hit US
    “As 목포 출장마사지 part of a 구리 출장샵 deal with the gambling giant, 888 Holdings,” 김제 출장샵 said David Cameron, 나주 출장안마 Chief 대구광역 출장샵 Executive Officer of 888 Holdings, the

    ReplyDelete

Comments?